Self-Assessment Tax Returns
The deadline for completing your Self Assessment Tax return for 2014-15 is fast approaching.
If you are due to file you need to submit your return and pay any tax due by 31st January 2016.
Who needs to complete a tax return?
If you are one of the over 11 million people that fall into one of the following categories it’s likely you'll need to complete a self-assessment tax return:
- You are self-employed
- You are a partner in a business partnership
- You are a company director of a limited company
- Your annual income is £100,000 or more
- You have made a profit from selling a second home, shares or other chargeable assets
- You have income from savings or investments of £10,000 or more
- You have income that is £2,500 or more (e.g. from renting out a property)
- You need to claim expenses or tax reliefs
- You or your partner receive child benefit and your income is over £50,000
- You receive income from overseas or don't live in the UK permanently
- You have income from trusts, settlements or an estate
- You are a trustee of a trust or registered pension scheme
Bambridge Accountants provide a fixed price tax return service. Whether you are a free-lancer, sole trader, company director, or have extra income to declare, we can help you.
Contact us today to arrange your free consultation, or to make a start on your 2014/15 return!
Tax Return Tuesday Blog
Check out our new weekly Tax Return Tuesday blog for information, tax tips and advice!
- Tax Return Tuesday week 1: Five minute guide to Tax Returns
- Tax Return Tuesday week 2: What information do you need to fill in your tax return?
- Tax Return Tuesday week 3: Guide to expenses
- Tax Return Tuesday week 4: Tax guide to charitable giving
- Tax Return Tuesday week 5: Guide to filing dates and penalties