Get a US Personal Tax Extension

As an American Taxpayer you can request a six-month extension to file your taxes.

What form do you need to request an extension?

In order to receive an automatic extension, you must file a Form 4868 (Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return) with the IRS.

A Form 4868 can be filed electronically or by paper mail. You will have to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) on the form along side your spouse’s SSN (if you are filing jointly). You will also be asked to provide an estimate of your total tax liability and the amount of taxes you have already paid.

A Filing Extension does not extend the time you have to pay your taxes.

Contact us for more information